Be in The Next Operation Beautiful Book!
Operation Beautiful is happy to announce that the site’s second book, which will focus on tween/teen issues, is currently in production! And YOU can be in it!
We’re looking for notes and stories about the following topics. Feel free to add your story to the submittal page below!
- Who is the most beautiful woman you know? What has she done for you or other people that makes her so beautiful?
- What makes you feel SUPER confident? What is your favorite thing to do in the whole world?
- Were you ever really scared to do something but did it anyway – what happened? How did it make you feel?
- What do you like about your body? What do you like most about your personality?
- What don’t you like about your body? Where do you think these negative ideas came from? Have you ever compared your body to someone else’s (celebrity, model in a magazine, a friend)?
- Have you ever heard your friends or family members talking badly about their bodies (maybe like, “I am so fat!” or “I feel so ugly!”)? Why do you think they said that? How does this make you feel? Do you ever say anything to them about it?
- Do you like sports? Do you like recess? Why or why not?
- Have you ever been bullied? What happened? Did you say something to a teacher or parent? Do you think bullying is just about fighting physically? Do you think your friends giving you the silent treatment or spreading rumors online counts as bullying?
- Do you think you’ve ever bullied someone else? Why do you think you bullied someone?
- How are you different from other kids? Do you like being different?
- Do you think you are popular? Do you want to be popular? Why or why not?
- Do you wear make-up? Why or why not? Do you wish you could dress a different way?
- Can you talk to your parents about things? Why or why not?
- Do you ever think about or get teased about your weight?
- Have you or a friend at school ever been on a diet? How did you feel about it?
- Have you gotten your period or bought a bra yet? Do you want to experience puberty really badly or do you get a little nervous when you think about it?
What stories do YOU have to tell for the next Operation Beautiful book? Please remember that we need IMAGES for the book in addition to stories. Any photographs of your Operation Beautiful notes should be taken with a camera to ensure high picture quality. We are specifically looking for stories from 9 – 16 year olds but others are allowed to submit, too.
If you want to be in the book, please follow these important steps!
- We first need to collect parents signatures for everyone under 18 years old.
- DOWNLOAD THE FORM HERE. Scan and return the form to [email protected] or mail it to 1704 East Blvd; Suite 100; Charlotte, NC 28207.
- If you are 18 and over, please fill out the top of the submissions form and send to Operation Beautiful using the contact information above.
- Operation Beautiful will contact you immediately to let you know the form has been received. We will also let you know how to send in your photograph and story.